C&J Bus Lines
About C&J Bus Lines – Arrive In Style
C&J passengers love us for the comfort and convenience that comes from not having to drive and fight city traffic. Passengers and park and ride in safety and comfort. C&J offers a valuable experience for their many travelers. We love our employees and it shows in the high standards maintained by the 100 plus team members. Ride and arrive in style in our beautiful facilities with the most up to date equipment.
Where They Go
Logan Airport | New York City | Boston South Station | Portsmouth, NH | Newburyport, MA | Dover, NH | Tewksbury, MA | Ogunquit, ME
Experience C&J Bus Lines – What To Expect
Savvy passengers have come to expect a top quality travel experience with comfort and convenience to their destination. They enjoy traveling without the stress of parking cars or navigating city traffic. C&J delivers a valuable experience that is reliable, friendly and efficient. This family owned and operated ground transportation company is proud of their employees and has more than 100 team members.
Frequently Asked Questions
C&J allows passengers to travel on-board a C&J motorcoach with their pets. C&J’s Carry-On Pet Program allows passengers to transport their small cat or dog on the bus. Please follow these guidelines and steps to give yourself and your pet a safe and happy trip!
Prior to Boarding
• Notifying C&J about your intention to travel with a pet prior to your trip is not necessary.
• Please arrive with your cat or dog in a pet carrier. Pet owners must provide the pet carrier. For safety, your pet must be able to sit and lie down comfortably without touching the sides of the carrier.
• The maximum size for pet carriers is 19 inches x 14 inches x 10.5 inches. The maximum weight of a pet with carrier is 20 pounds. The carrier may be hard or soft sided but must be leak proof and well ventilated.
• A $15.00 surcharge will be assessed for each one-way trip.
• Before traveling with you pet on C&J, you will need to fill out a Pet Release & Indemnification Agreement for each one-way trip you are planning to take with your pet. You can visit this site to download the agreement or, you can grab a printed version of the agreement at our terminals. Please make sure your pet is up to date on all vaccinations as you are accepting liability for your pet by filling out the agreement and signing the check-in document.
• Pets must remain inside their carrier while on the bus, and must remain with the owner at all times.
• Pet carriers are to be placed under your seat and not under the seat in front of you or the seat beside you.
Other Important Information
• Your pet must be at least eight weeks old and be odorless, harmless, not disruptive, and require no attention during travel. C&J maintains the right to refuse acceptance, and may remove any pet exhibiting these issues from terminals and buses.
• C&J does not accept liability for the health and well-being of pets.
• C&J does not ship pets or allow them to travel as checked baggage; a pet must travel with a human.
• One passenger may travel with one pet.
• If traveling between New York City and Ogunquit, ME or Tewksbury, MA, please call C&J's Customer Care at 603-430-1100 for prior travel arrangements as customer service representation is not available at either the arrival nor departure locations.
• Service animals that meet ADA requirements are not governed by the Pet Policy and a fee is not required for their travel on C&J buses. Comfort animals and emotional support animals (ESA) are classified as pets and must meet policy guidelines.
Accessing WiFi on C&J Buses: The most common question we field about our WiFi is how to access it. If your laptop or smartphone does not automatically detect our WiFi signal, you may need to manually activate it by accessing your device’s wireless settings and searching for available networks.
Our wireless service on buses is labeled according to the bus number (which you can find printed high on the dash at front of the bus). For example, if you are on bus 1802, our wireless will show up as C&J-1802. Select that network.
WiFi disclaimer: C&J Bus Lines makes every effort to provide these services free of charge to every passenger. However, if, for any reason, the service is unavailable, we are unable to supply a refund.
For Logan Airport passengers, C&J provides complimentary luggage tags, which are color-coded by drop-off terminal. Using these tags helps the driver load and unload luggage efficiently at each stop. Agents/drivers in our Portsmouth and Seabrook terminals will have tags available prior to boarding.
C&J does not recommend placing fragile or breakable items under the coach, as items may shift during travel. C&J is not liable for items that are damaged during transit.
In addition to your checked luggage, you may carry on one small bag along with a personal item such as a handbag or a briefcase. Carry-on bags must be able to be stowed in the overhead compartment or under a passenger seat.
Whether it’s a vacation or a visit with relatives, planning a trip with children is stressful for even the most organized parent. Kids love adventure, but sometimes, the journey required...